The new YouTube Premium includes:
- The new YouTube Music: ad-free, with background listening and downloads
- More, bigger original series and movies
- Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
It’s all coming soon to even more countries.
- The new YouTube Music is a music streaming service that combines music listening with the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalised than ever. YouTube Music includes a reimagined mobile app and brand new desktop player that are designed for music.
- YouTube Premium unlocks the full YouTube Music experience: ad-free music, background listening, and downloads.
- With YouTube Premium, you’ll get access to the full slate of YouTube Originals, including recent hits like the Karate Kid-inspired series, Cobra Kai, the dance drama, Step Up: High Water, and upcoming series like the sci-fi thriller, Impulse, and Liza Koshy's Liza on Demand.
- More new Originals from around the globe are on the way—featuring comedies, dramas, reality series and action adventure shows from the U.K., Germany, France, Mexico, and more.
Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
- YouTube Premium will continue to provide an ad-free experience, background play, and downloads across the millions of videos on YouTube, which simultaneously supports our incredible creators and artists.
Pricing and Availability
- YouTube Premium rolls out soon in existing markets: the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and South Korea*. It’s also coming soon to new markets: Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. We look forward to more expansion throughout 2018 and beyond.
- YouTube Premium will be available for NZ$15.99 per month or you can unlock the full experience of the new YouTube Music by itself with Music Premium for NZ$12.99 per month.
- When YouTube Premium launches, YouTube Red members will automatically receive access at their current price. In countries where YouTube Red is currently available, a new member can also secure this price ($12.99 in New Zealand) by joining now at youtube.com/red.**
*South Korea will only offer YouTube Premium at the current price of YouTube Red.
**If that price changes in the future, we will give plenty of notice.