Page-level enforcements for more granular policy actions
To allow more precise enforcements, and provide you with feedback about policy issues as we identify them, we’re introducing page-level enforcements. A page-level enforcement affects individual pages where violations of the AdSense Program Policies are found. As a result, ad serving is restricted or disabled on those pages. Ads will continue to serve where no policy violations have been found, either at the page- or site-level.
When a new policy violation on one of your pages is identified, you’ll receive an email notification and ad serving will be restricted on that page. As this is a new feature, you may already have current page-level enforcements that were not surfaced through these email notifications. To make sure you’re not missing anything, head over to the new Policy center to review existing violations.
After you've addressed all policy violations on a page, you may request a review (previously known as an “appeal”). Reviews typically take one week but can sometimes take longer. We'll restore ad serving on the affected page or pages if a page is reviewed at your request and no policy violations are found. Alternatively, you can simply remove the AdSense ad code from that page and the page-level enforcement will disappear from the Policy center in about a week.
More transparency with the new AdSense Policy center
The AdSense Policy center is a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about policy actions that affect your sites and pages. You’ll be able to see:
- Non-compliant page(s) or site(s)
- Why a page or site is non-compliant
- Steps needed to make your page or site compliant
- Steps to request a review of the actioned page(s) or site(s)
Follow these steps to see your current page-level enforcements, and request a review of the actioned page(s):
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Settings, then click Policy center.
- In the "Page-level enforcements" section, find the site or sites that have page-level violations and click Show details.
- In the "Page" section, click the Down arrow to learn more about the enforcement, the violation(s) on the page, and how to fix them.
- Click Request review and tick the box after you’ve made sure the violations on the page are fixed.
Learn more about these updates in the AdSense Help Center or head over to the Policy center to try it out.
Posted by: John Brown, Head of Publisher Policy Communications,
Richard Zippel, Publisher Quality Product Manager and
Nick Radicevic, AdSense Product Manager