Quick launch summary
We’re making a range of updates that will make PDFs converted into Google Docs better. Specifically, you may notice improvements in:
- Image imports, including the image itself and text wrapping related to images.
- Text styles and formatting, such as importing underline and strikethrough, background color, and more fonts.
- Layout conversion, including support for multi-column layouts, custom page sizes, tables with borders, and improved content ordering.
Importing PDFs into Google Docs now supports more formatting options.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about converting PDF and photo files to text.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on November 30, 2020
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers