We’re introducing a new fullscreen experience for managing members in a space that replaces the current "View members" and “Add people and apps” options in Google Chat.
Upon clicking the new “Manage members” option, you can view a list of those added and invited to the space, in addition to space settings. From there you can add or remove members and update settings. In addition, you can manage Chat apps or integrations by using a newly added “Apps & integrations” option in the space menu.
Why you’d use it
This simplification makes the process of viewing and organizing space membership much easier.
This update is currently available on web only and will become available on mobile later this quarter.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users:
- To manage members of a space, click the space header and then select “Manage Members” to view, add or remove members from the member list.
- You can change the access setting of a space by selecting the “Space settings” option below “Manage Members”
- Visit the Help Center to learn more about adding or removing people from a space or group and getting started with apps in Google Chat.
- Rapid Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 26, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 13, 2023
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Education Standard, the Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Frontline customers
- Not available to Nonprofits, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to users with personal Google Accounts