Posted by Chris Yang, Program Manager, Translation Service
It is not uncommon for developers to have the following concerns and thoughts when considering whether to localize their apps: "I just don't have the time!" "Translation is too expensive." "High-quality translation is just hard to find.'' Does this sound familiar?
At Google, we consider translation a key component of making the world's information universally accessible and useful. This commitment extends not only to localizing our own products, but also to providing tools to help developers and translators more easily localize their apps.
Introducing the Google Play App Translation Service
Available in the Google Play Console, the Google Play App Translation Service simplifies localization of your app user interface strings, store listing, in-app product names, and universal apps campaign ads. Thousands of developers have already used this service to reach hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Here is an overview of some of the ways it can help:
1. Quick and easy - Order in minutes and receive your translation in as little as two days.
- Small translation orders can be completed in only two days. All orders are completed in eight days or less.
- Apply translations directly in the Play Console or download to build with your app.
2. Professional and human - Get high-quality translations by real human translators.
- All translations are carefully crafted by professional translators just for you.
- Translation providers are selected by Google based on quality and speed.
3. Value for money - Translate your app for as little as $0.07 per word.
- Pricing is upfront and simple. You only pay per word for each language you translate.
- For example, translating 200 words into one language at $0.07 per word would cost only $14.
Ordering a Translation
Find the Translation Service in the Google Play Console:
When you're ready to translate, just select the languages to use for translation, choose a vendor, and place your order.
Select languages to translate into.
Choose what type of content you want to translate.
Easily complete purchase of the service.
You can also expand your global footprint with translation recommendations that can help increase installs. The recommendations can be found in the Google Play Console.
The language recommendation feature is developed using machine learning and is based on your app's install history and market data.
Did you know that you can reach almost 80% of internet users worldwide with only 10 languages. In particular, the Google Play opportunity in Russia and the Middle East continues to grow. Let us know once you have localized for these markets so we can consider featuring your app or game in the Now in Russian and Now in Arabic collections on the Play Store.
Launching the translation
Once you download the translation, you'll be ready to publish your newly translated app update on Google Play.
Get started with the App Translation Service today and let us know what you think!
How useful did you find this blog post?