Following last year's success, today we're announcing the second annual Google Play Indie Games Contest in Europe, expanding to more countries and bigger prizes. The contest rewards your passion, creativity and innovation, and provides support to help bring your game to more people.
Prizes for the finalists and winners
- A trip to London to showcase your game at the Saatchi Gallery
- Paid digital marketing campaigns worth up to 100,000 EUR
- Influencer campaigns worth up to 50,000 EUR
- Premium placements on Google Play
- Promotion on Android and Google Play marketing channels
- Tickets to Google I/O 2018 and other top industry events
- Latest Google hardware
- Special prizes for the best Unity games
How to enter the contest
If you're based in one of the 28 eligible countries, have 30 or less full time employees, and published a new game on Google Play after 1 January 2017, you may now be eligible to enter the contest. If you're planning on publishing a new game soon, you can also enter by submitting a private beta. Check out all the details in the terms and conditions. Submissions close on 31 December 2017.
Up to 20 finalists will showcase their games at an open event at the Saatchi Gallery in London on the 13th February 2018. At the event, the top 10 will be selected by the event attendees and the Google Play team. The top 10 will then pitch to the jury of industry experts, from which the final winner and runners up will be selected.
Come along to the final event
Anyone can register to attend the final showcase event at the Saatchi Gallery in London on 13 February 2018. Play some great indie games and have fun with indie developers,industry experts, and the Google Play team.
Visit the contest site to find out more and enter the Indie Games Contest now.