Twenty-eight years ago, we met the precocious Kevin McCallister in “Home Alone,” the highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time. Now, Macaulay Culkin has reprised his role as the ever-resourceful Kevin in our new holiday film, "Home Alone Again with the Google Assistant."
The video features a modern-day Kevin, who shows us what happens when he finds that he has the house to himself, and the Google Assistant on his side. He adds aftershave to his shopping list, sets an “Operation Kevin” custom routine to lock his door, turn on the lights and make sure the Wet Bandits don’t stand a chance.
Starting today and for a limited time, your Assistant can take you back to some of the most iconic moments from the film with quotes from your favorite scenes. To join in on the nostalgia, simply say “Hey Google…”:
- “How much do I owe you?” and you’ll be reminded to “Keep the change, you filthy animal.”
- “Did I forget something?” and the famous “KEVINNNNNNNNNN” scream will play back.
- “It’s me Snakes. I got the stuff,” to recreate a back-and-forth dialogue from the movie Kevin watches, "Angels with Filthy Souls."
- “The Wet Bandits are here” to trigger Kevin defending his house.
- “I'm the man of the house” to relive the famous scene when Kevin tries aftershave.
To continue the fun, check out a behind-the-scenes look at the taping, featuring the funniest moments on set. For Culkin, shooting "Home Alone Again with the Google Assistant" brought him back to his original days on set. “They did a very good job on the set decoration, the props, and all the shots were spot on,” he says. “I am thinking and hoping that people will really dig it.”