Here are the first of many new YouTube Red Originals to come :
- A Trip to Unicorn Island: From the team at Astronauts Wanted, this feature-length movie gives fans an extraordinary look inside the life and journey of Lilly Singh as she embarks on a challenging 26-city global tour where she has to remember to practice what she preaches: happiness is the only thing worth fighting for.
- Lazer Team: In this feature-length action-comedy from Rooster Teeth and Fullscreen Films, four small-town losers stumble upon an alien ship carrying a mysterious cargo, leading to a battle to save Earth from an all-powerful enemy.
- Scare PewDiePie: In this reality-adventure series from the creator and executive producers of "The Walking Dead" at Skybound Entertainment and Maker Studios, experience thrills, chills and laughter as PewDiePie encounters terrifying situations inspired by his favorite video games.
- Dance Camp: This film from AwesomenessTV weaves an amazing story of unlikely friendships, unleashing passions, and discovering yourself all through the power of dance.
And as we mentioned in our blog post last week, this is just the beginning. We’re also excited to announce two brand new projects set to be released later this year:
- Untitled Gigi Gorgeous Project: YouTube creator Gigi Gorgeous and two-time Academy Award winner Barbara Kopple have partnered with SELECTNEXT and Sander/Moses to create this feature-length documentary that explores the intimate journey of a transgender woman from her childhood to life as a successful media personality. Together, they will ask the question, "What does it mean to be transgender in the uncensored new media world?"
- Foursome: An original series from AwesomenessTV, stars Jenn McAllister (JennxPenn) as Andie, an undateable sophomore -- thanks to her older brother Alec (Logan Paul), who makes sure no guy comes near her. Andie must rely on the unbreakable bond she has with her three best friends, as they navigate the hormone-induced journey known as high school.
- Prank Academy: YouTube's most sensational pranksters, Jesse and Jeana of PrankvsPrank and BFvsGF, take their mischief to the next level and put their expertise to work as they mentor celebrity guests, teaching them how to pull off their most ambitious and complicated pranks yet with the help of some of YouTube’s biggest stars.
- Fight of the Living Dead: In an unprecedented social experiment reality show from Alpine Labs, "Fight of the Living Dead" takes popular YouTube talent and traps them in a frighteningly realistic zombie apocalypse. They must use their instincts and gaming skills to survive as they battle the elements for the ultimate prize of survival.
- Untitled 360 Game Theory: YouTube educator and pop culture expert MatPat from The Game Theorists invites the audience to come along for the ride in an innovative new series and 360 VR experience. In each episode Matt explores the real-life science behind popular video games by throwing gamers into the high-stakes scenarios they play through every day, from water jetpacks to bomb disposal.
- Bad Internet: Written by and starring the cast of CollegeHumor, along with special guests, this new anthology series will take a dark and comedic look at the absurdity of Internet culture.
Susanne Daniels, Global Head of Original Content, YouTube, recently watched "Elton John Carpool Karaoke."