The holiday shopping season is a critical time for online marketers and retailers. Last year, consumers spent $616.1 billion on retail purchases during November and December.1 As you might know from Google’s 5 Holiday Shopping Trends to Watch in 2015, 40 percent of that spend occurred online.2
For you, this represents a huge opportunity to reach shoppers, either while they're still researching or when they're actually ready to buy. To help you capture this opportunity, we’ve created the DoubleClick Search Guide to the Holidays that walks through five key steps for holiday success:
- Prepare — Unify your data for insights and action, add more data to maximize conversions, use labels to track your promotions, and integrate offline data
- Automate — Use bulksheets, automated rules, and inventory-aware campaigns to make your life easier
- Measure — Gain valuable insights by setting up scheduled reports, budget pacing reports, formula columns, and Floodlight activity columns, then analyze and monitor your performance
- Optimize — Use real-time data to make adjustments with the DoubleClick Search Performance Bidding Suite, Adaptive Shopping campaigns, and remarketing
- Plan ahead — Create executive reports, review purchase details to see how well you did this year, and save your budget pacing reports
You can also watch the recording of our recent Hangout On Air to learn tips and tools for maximizing performance and profits during the holiday period from Henry Tappen, Product Manager at DoubleClick Search.
Posted by Nick Macrae
Product Marketing Manager, DoubleClick Search
1 National Retail Federation, “Retail Holiday Sales Increase 4 Percent,” January 14, 2015.
2 Ipsos MediaCT, Google Post Holiday Shopping Intentions Study, January 2015, n=1,167.