We’re introducing two enhancements on Google Meet hardware devices for the “Frame people” feature:
- The “Frame people” feature is now more easily discoverable and can be accessed in a meeting from the touch panel in fewer steps. Previously, this command required two steps by first selecting the camera control icon and then selecting “Frame people.” Now, it’s immediately visible on the touch panel.
Note that you can still access the Camera control pane next to the new “Frame people” button.
Camera control button
With this enhancement, we’ve also solved a recent bug impacting the auto framing capability for some Google Meet hardware devices. The auto framing functionality has been restored to impacted devices with improved reliability and performance.
Why it’s important
Being able to see people in a meeting room clearly is essential for improving the meeting experience in today's hybrid work environment. With the increased visibility of the “Frame people'' button on the Google Meet hardware touch panel, users can more easily and quickly adjust their camera to optimize the viewing experience for all participants.
- End users: No action required, these updates will be available automatically. Note: This feature is not available when other devices, such as a webcam, are plugged into a meeting hardware kit.
- Admins: There is no admin action required.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature availability) beginning August 22, 2022
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Available for all supported Google Meet hardware devices that have not yet reached their auto-update expiration date