Google Workspace developers can now create Google Workspace add-ons that attach files to a Google Calendar event from any third-party service. This feature enables developers to create add-ons that support attachments from a wide range of sources beyond Google Drive, such as digital whiteboard, content creation, or file management tools.
Users who have the relevant add-ons installed will be able to attach files from these sources to a Calendar event, and attendees can view the event with the attachment on the web or on mobile.
Attach files from a third-party service to a Calendar event
After attaching files in Calendar on the web, users can view the event with the attachment on the web or on mobile.
- Developers: You can now develop add-ons that support attaching files from sources other than Google Drive. To get started, learn more about extending Calendar with Google Workspace add-ons and adding attachments with a callback function.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Google Workspace Marketplace apps.
- End users: If allowed by your admin, you’ll be able to install a Calendar add-on using the “+” button in the quick access side panel or via the Google Workspace Marketplace. End users need to install a compatible add-on to enable this feature.
- This feature is available now for all developers and users.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Google Workspace Developer Documentation: Google Workspace Add-ons
- Google Workspace Developer Documentation: Extending Calendar with Google Workspace add-ons
- Google Workspace Developer Documentation: Add attachments with a callback function
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Manage Google Workspace Marketplace apps
- Google Help: Get extra Calendar tools