As part of Google's ongoing commitment to advancing computing and technology, we are pleased to provide scholarships to encourage students to excel in their studies and become active role models and leaders. In partnership with EmployAbility, we are excited to announce this year’s recipients of The Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities.
Please join us in congratulating the following recipients, along with the universities they attend:
- Alyssa Milburn, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Tim Dettmers, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Cristina Isabel Font, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
- Massimo Giordano, University of Trento, Italy
- Hannah Evan, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Jakub Tomek, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- Jens Heuschkel, TU Darmstadt, Germany
- Dmitri Katz, Open University, Israel
- Trung Hieu Nguyen, Aalto University, Finland
Each scholar will receive 7,000 Euros to support their studies for the 2016/2017 academic year. All scholars have been selected based on their passion for Computer Science, academic achievement, leadership, and technical accomplishments.
Applications for the 2017 Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will open in October. Follow our updates on this blog for information about when applications will open.
Posted by Maya Tudor, EMEA Diversity Scholarships Program Manager