Posted by Roy Glasberg, Global Lead, Launchpad Accelerator
We’re delighted to open our call for applications for the third class of the Launchpad Accelerator. If you are a late-stage app startup from Brazil, India, Indonesia, or Mexico, we encourage you to apply here by October 24, 2016. Based outside of these countries? Stay tuned, as we expect to add more countries to the program in the future!
The equity-free program will begin on January 30, 2017 at the new Google Developers Launchpad Space in San Francisco and will include 2 weeks of all-expense-paid training.
What are the benefits?
During the kick-off bootcamp we deliver in-depth technical and business mentoring that enables our startups to tackle their specific challenges and successfully scale. Launchpad mentors hail from around the world and more than 20 teams across Google. In total, startups receive access to Google’s expertise and resources for 6 months.
What do we look for when selecting startups?
Each startup that applies to the Launchpad Accelerator is considered holistically and with great care. Below are general guidelines behind our process to help you understand what we look for in our candidates.
All startups in the program must:
- Be a technological startup.
- Be targeting their local markets.
- Be based in Brazil, India, Indonesia, or Mexico.
- Have proven product-market fit (beyond ideation stage).
Additionally, we are interested in what kind of startup you are. We also consider:
- The problem you are trying to solve. How does it create value for users? How are you addressing a real challenge for your home city, country or region?
- Does the management team have a leadership mindset and the drive to become an influencer? Will they share what they learn in Silicon Valley for the benefit of other startups in their local ecosystem?
We look forward to learning more about your startup and working closely with you on building a successful business that has both a local and global impact.