In the Google Workspace Marketplace, you’ll now see more information about apps available in the Marketplace. Specifically, you’ll see the following information:
- Permissions: App permissions to review to assess whether the app data access complies with your organization’s policies.
- Reviews: Reviews and replies provided by other users who have installed the app.
Admins and end users
Why it’s important
Before installing Google Workspace Marketplace app to users in their domain, admins can review important information about the application, such as developer information, permissions the applications require, and more. This additional information will help you make a more informed decision when deploying apps to your users.
- Admins: Visit the Help Center to learn more about managing Google Workspace Marketplace Apps for your organization. If you allow your users to install any app from the Marketplace, the “Approved for you” section will be hidden.
- End users: To view applications in the Marketplace approved by your admin, visit the “Approved for you” section of the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 30, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, and Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
- Not available to Google Workspace Essentials and Frontline customers