Quick launch summary
Users in APAC and Europe can now enable live captions in the following languages in Google Meet on mobile devices:
- Spanish (Spain and Latin America)
Live captions can help users easily participate in meetings who may speak a different primary language, are in loud noisy environments, are deaf or hard of hearing, or have other disabilities that make listening difficult.
- Admins: No action required
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about using captions in Meet. Note: your language preference will be saved for future meetings.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 15, 2021
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers.
- Available to users with personal Google Accounts