You can now choose to add client-side encryption to an existing document or remove it from an already encrypted document (File > Make a copy > Add/Remove additional encryption). This update gives you the flexibility to control encryption as your documents and projects evolve and progress.
- Admins: Client-side encryption can be enabled at the domain, OU, and Group levels (Admin console > Security > Access and data control > Client-side encryption). Visit our Help Center to learn more about client-side encryption.
- End users: If client-side encryption is enabled by your admin, use our Help Center to learn more about working with encrypted files in Drive, Docs, Sheets & Slides.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 23, 2023
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on April 6, 2023
- Available to Google Workspace Enterprise Plus, Education Standard and Education Plus customers