Over the next few weeks, we’ll begin making access to Google Workspace services from Google Assistant generally available to any customers with the “Search and Assistant” additional service enabled. This was previously available in beta.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
This will allow your users to more seamlessly get things done using just their voice—from asking what’s on their Calendar to joining meetings and sending emails on the go. Google Assistant will respond to voice commands for certain Google Calendar and Gmail functions and:
- Let you know when your next meeting is
- Create, cancel or reschedule a Calendar event
- Send a note to event attendees via email
- Dial into a meeting
- Email a contact
At launch, this service will initially only be available in English on personal mobile devices. Support for access on Nest smart speakers and smart displays is still in beta (you can sign up to participate).
- Admins: This feature will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain, OU, or group level. Visit the Help Center to learn more about turning Search and Assistant services on or off for your organization.
- End users: Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting up Google Assistant for your device.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 1, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, and Education Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, and Nonprofits
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Google Assistant
- Google Workspace Admin Help: Turn Search and Assistant on or off
- Google Help: Set up Google Assistant on your device
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: Use the Google Assistant with your G Suite account in beta
- Google Workspace Updates Blog: “Hey Google, join my meeting”: G Suite meetings now supported on Nest Hub Max in beta
- Google Workspace with the Google Assistant Beta Application