Curious about what we’ve been up to? Well, you’re in luck! We squeezed ten things we’ve been working on to make YouTube better for creators into this little list video. Read more about what’s coming soon, below.
- Comments - We've come up with a better ranking system that reduces the visibility of junk comments...and it's working. The rate of dislikes on comments has dropped by more than 30% across YouTube. Huzzah!
- Subscriber notifications - Your fans don’t want to miss out on videos from their favorite creators–and neither do we. So we're building a simple new way for fans to opt in to get mobile and email notifications each and every time the channels they subscribe to publish a new video.
- Easier access to the subs feed - We’re making it easier to get to the Subscriptions feed in an update to the YouTube mobile app coming soon. This is another way your fans will be able to stay on top of your latest videos.
- A faster, more useful Creator Studio app - While we're talking about apps: We're also working on improvements to the Creator Studio app. You’ll get more insight about what’s happening on your channel, and notifications that help you decide what to do about it.
- Video management on the go - You asked us to make it easier to manage your videos from your mobile phone. So we’re adding two major requests to the Creator Studio app: the ability to update thumbnails from your phone, and to enable or disable monetization on your videos, wherever you are.
- New types of cards - Cards are awesome. They help you promote other content, sell merch and raise funds and more. Your feedback is helping us develop even more new card types. First up: the Channel card, which lets you link your videos to other channels, and will be a great way to share the love with collaborators.
- 360° videos - How far we can take the online video experience? We’re not sure, but we’re having a great time trying to find out. We recently added 360º video on YouTube, and we're working on adding 3D to the mix. Get ready for an immersive world!
- Better live streams - We just made it easier for you to set up and manage your live streams. And where better to show them off than in our upcoming YouTube Gaming app?
- New creator community - You need to find your people, and we want to help. The new YouTube Creator Community will be a new online forum for finding collaborators, sharing advice, and giving us feedback.
- Updated Creator Academy - If you’re a creator, you never stop learning. So, in addition to the more than 50 lessons we’ve now added to the Creator Academy, we’ve made it easier to search and personalize your learning experience.
We know what you’re thinking: when do I get all of this? You can expect to see some of these features in a matter of weeks. Others, we’re still perfecting, and we’ll be rolling them out throughout the rest of the year.
Let us know how we’re doing. Share your thoughts on Google+ or Twitter—we’ll be reading, responding and using your feedback to help make these upcoming improvements even better. And, as always, thanks for everything you do.
Matt Glotzbach, VP, Product Management, recently watched (what else?) The Creator Preview