We are excited to announce that applications are now open for 2016 Google scholarships. The application deadlines are in November and December, but don’t wait to get started on your application!
At Google, we believe information should be universally accessible. Our education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields. We are now accepting applications from current university students, undergraduate and graduate, for the following scholarship programs:
- Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for women in technology.
- Generation Google Scholarship for students from underrepresented backgrounds in computer science.
- Google Lime Scholarship for students with disabilities.
- Google Student Veterans of America (SVA) Scholarship for students who are serving or have served in the military.
- The Generation Google Scholarship for current high school seniors will open in early 2016.
Scholarship recipients will receive $10,000 USD or $5,000 CAD for the 2016-17 academic year. Scholars will be invited to the annual Google Scholars' Retreat in Mountain View, CA next summer. At the retreat, scholars will participate in networking and development sessions, including sessions on how to lead outreach in their communities.
2015 scholarship recipients participating in a code retreat at the annual Google Scholars' Retreat.
For more information on all scholarship programs, please visit the Google Scholarships site.
Posted by Sarah Safir, Tech Student Development Programs