What’s changingYou can now let your Google Calendar users book Microsoft Exchange calendar resources, such as meeting rooms, when they schedule a meeting.
Who’s impactedAdmins and end users
Why you’d use itWe know that some of you manage a coexistence of Google Calendar users and Microsoft Exchange users within your organizations. Last year, we added the ability to share free/busy information across users in these two environments. With this launch, Calendar users can now easily book any resources that are stored in Exchange.
How to get started
- Admins: To enable Exchange room booking in the Admin console, please follow these instructions.
- End users: Once this feature is enabled, Calendar users will see both Calendar and Exchange resources displayed as bookable options.
Additional detailsFor more information about Calendar interop, check out the Help Center.
Helpful linksHelp Center: Allow Calendar users to book Exchange resources
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on January 17, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on January 17, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be OFF by default and can be enabled at the domain level.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches
- Get G Suite product update alerts by email
- See the G Suite launch release calendar
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates