What’s changingWe recently updated the Vault API to reflect the renaming of “Team Drives” to “shared drives.” You can see more details on the name change here.
The new fields in the API are detailed below. Currently, both the old and updated fields are available. However, we will stop supporting the old fields in the API on June 1, 2020. You will need to migrate any app(s) that use the affected fields before June 1, 2020, to make sure they continue to work.
The specific changes to the API are:
- In DriveOptions, "includeTeamDrives" is replaced with "includeSharedDrives".
- In HeldDriveQuery, "includeTeamDriveFiles" is replaced with "includeSharedDriveFiles".
- In SearchMethod, “TEAM_DRIVE” is replaced with “SHARED_DRIVE”.
- TeamDriveInfo has been replaced by SharedDriveInfo.
Who’s impactedAdmins and developers only
Why you’d use itGoogle Vault is the eDiscovery and compliance solution for G Suite, allowing customers to retain, hold, search, and export their data. The API means you can programmatically manage your organization's eDiscovery operations. If you’ve developed apps that use the API, you may need to make minor updates to make sure they keep working as intended.
How to get started
- Admins: See the documentation for the Vault API here.
- End users: No action needed
- Documentation for the Vault API
- G Suite Updates blog post: Team Drives is being renamed to shared drives
- New “shared drives” fields are available today.
- We will stop supporting the old “Team Drives” related API fields on June 1, 2020.
G Suite editions
- Google Vault is available to G Suite Business, Enterprise, Education, and Enterprise for Education editions, as well as other G Suite customers with the Vault add-on license.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches