Here’s a sneak peek of what will be posted over the next couple of weeks to prepare you well for this busy time of the year. Let’s get holiday season ready!
- Pre-holiday season: How to prepare?
- During the holiday season: How to maximize the opportunities
- Post holidays: Looking at 2020
Defining seasonal periods
What is seasonality?
- Cultural (e.g. Ramadan, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Commercial (e.g. Black Friday, Singles’ Day, Mother’s Day)
- Ad-hoc events (e.g. Olympics, Elections, TV series)
By spotting events and holidays impacting your audience, you can identify your seasonality opportunities to increase revenue and attract new users.
What drives seasonality?
Why is it important for publishers?
- Large increase in internet traffic (higher query opportunity)
Over the past 5 years, the holiday season internet traffic has grown as users flock online to purchase gifts for themselves and others.
- Higher competition between advertisers (higher query opportunity)
The holiday shopping season is the busiest retail period of the year. Advertisers spend more during this time to ensure their products and brands are well-positioned at key events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
For example, consumers around the world and especially in Asia reportedly spent more than $1 billion in the first 90 seconds of Singles’ Day in 2018. Advertisers are eager to be there for moments like this.
Starting the holiday season marathon
Let’s see what you can do to make the most out of your site and AdSense account before, during and after the holiday season.
In the blogpost next week we’ll provide you with tips on how to prepare your site and AdSense account for the rush of the holiday season.
Daryna Chushko - Publisher Growth Marketing Manager