The Stable channel has been updated to 72.0.3626.97 (Platform version: 11316.123.0, 11316.123.1) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes and security updates. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days.
- Addition of a page about touch gestures in the built-in ChromeVox screen reader tutorial
- Chrome browser has been optimized for touchscreen devices in tablet mode
- External storage access for Android apps using direct /storage and MediaStore APIs
- App shortcuts for Android apps are now searchable in the launcher. Users can find an app shortcut by long pressing or right-clicking on an Android app.
- Policies added to manage print job attributes for native printing including simple/duplex printing and color/B&W printing
- Picture in Picture (PiP) now available for Chrome sites
- Within the ChromeVox screen reader, added a setting in the ChromeVox options page to read anything under the mouse cursor
- Files saved via Backup and Sync on Drive now available in Files app under My Drive/Computers
- Shill, the network manager for Chrome OS, has been put in a sandbox and no longer runs as the root user on the system. This security hardening measure helps protect users in the case of networking-related security vulnerabilities, such as one that resulted in persistent device compromise in 2016.
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our forum or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue...’ in the Chrome menu (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of the browser).