What’s changingWe’re updating the creation flow for meetings in Calendar to help you save time with an easier way to schedule.
You’ll see several changes when creating a meeting such as:
- Peek at calendars and automatically add guests: Now, when you add a calendar in the “Search for people” box, you can temporarily view coworkers’ calendars. Creating a new event then automatically adds those people as guests to your meeting and might suggest a title for the meeting.
- More fields in the creation pop-up dialog: The Guests, Rooms, Location, Conferencing, and Description fields are now editable directly in the meeting creation pop-up dialog. Once you add your coworkers’ calendars, they’ll load right in the background, making it even easier and faster to find an available time for everyone.
Who’s impactedEnd users
Why you’d use itPeople-first scheduling makes it quick and easy to find time with others. You can add rooms, a location, a video conference and add a meeting description without having to click into “More options.”
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: No action required. This new creation flow will automatically appear in Calendar on the web.
Helpful linksHelp Center: Create an event
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on April 16, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on April 29, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches