What’s changingWe’re making it even easier to manage Google Groups through the G Suite Admin console. The new improvements include:
- A new settings card: When you create a group, this card will help you quickly view and customize group settings.
- A new hover menu: When viewing the list of Groups, you can use this menu to get quick access to member management and group settings.
- Pop-up controls: Using pop up controls, you will be able to add members, manage members, edit settings, and delete groups without leaving the Groups list page.
These build on other recent improvements to group management in the Admin console. See below for images of these new settings and options.
Who’s impactedAdmins only
Why you’d use itGroups can improve communication and collaboration in your organization. You can use Groups to create mailing lists, web forums, and collaborative inboxes for your team, and also to control access to documents and Google services.
However, it’s important to include the right people in each group, and apply the right settings so groups are secure. By giving admins easy-to-use controls for groups details, we hope to make it easier to share and use information.
How to get started
- Admins: See our Help Center to find out more about how to use and manage groups in your organization.
- End users: No action needed
New hover menu gives quick access to member management and group settings
Easily add members without leaving the list page
Quickly see and edit group settings in-line
When you create a new group, this settings card can help make sure the right settings are applied
Helpful linksHelp Center (Admin): Use Groups in your organization
- Rapid Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on March 13, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on March 13, 2019
G Suite editions
Available to all G Suite editions.
On/off by default?
This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches