What’s changingWe’re adding support for migrating Microsoft Exchange In-Place Archives to the G Suite Migrate beta. Admins can use this new functionality to migrate the content of their user’s Exchange In-Place Archives to G Suite. Additionally, admins can:
- Make migrated archive mail only visible in Google Vault (not Gmail).
- Make attachments of archived mail uploaded to Google Drive only visible in Google Vault. If you turn on this setting, large email attachments will be visible in Vault (not Drive).
- Choose how to apply labels to archive folders in Gmail.
Who’s impactedAdmins only
Why it’s importantPreviously, it wasn’t possible to migrate archived email from Exchange to Gmail. This feature makes it easy for admins to migrate both active and archived email to G Suite.
How to get started
- The Exchange In-Place Archive is available to G Suite Migrate beta participants.
- Admins will need to update their current G Suite Migrate platform to access this new feature.
- Email archive migrations can be turned on via settings templates in the G Suite Migrate beta.
- End users: No action required.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches
G Suite editions
- Available to G Suite Business, G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and Drive for Enterprise
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits
On/off by default?
- This feature is available to G Suite Migrate beta participants. It can be accessed by updating the G Suite Migrate platform.