Today, in-app ads and freemium (free download with IAPs*) fuel the growth of mobile app revenue, growing at 71% and 72% respectively from 2013 to 2014 . Through an analysis of over 10,000 top Android apps, we found that for games, using IAP and ads together can potentially generate 117% more revenue than just IAPs alone.
However, a hybrid approach is more than simply bundling ads and IAPs together; it’s about targeting the right users at the right time with the right monetization opportunity. The goal of our white paper is to help you accomplish that easily and effectively.
In this white paper, you will learn the following:
- What an effective hybrid monetization model looks like and the benefits it can deliver;
- The principles and frameworks for building an effective hybrid monetization strategy;
- Best practices from developers around the world.
You can download the white paper here. Find out what AdMob’s IAP solution can do to help you build a strong hybrid monetization model.
We’d love to hear what you think of the white paper. Please share with us on Twitter and Google+ what other tips you have in building a strong hybrid monetization strategy.
AdMob Product Marketing
* In-app purchases
 - Gartner: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2648515
 - IDC/App Annie: Mobile App Advertising and Monetization Trends 2013-2018