The Stable channel has been updated to 65.0.3325.167 (Platform version: 10323.58.0/1) for most Chrome OS devices. This build contains a number of bug fixes and security updates. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days.
- Enterprise policy for keeping account sign-in consistent between browser and device
- Local files now available in Launcher search results
- Kiosk mode now supports mix mode for external displays, extended and mirroring mode simultaneously
- Automatic Re-Enrollment for managed devices
- Select-to-Speak word highlighting and additional options
- Support device-wide certificates in SAML SSO sign-in
- ARC++ WM resize shadow and drag magnetization
- MIDI API support for Android apps running on Chrome OS
- Short video recording for profile pictures
- Advanced options screen for tablet setup
- Expanded unzipping support within Files app for files hosted on Drive
- New setting for more accurate timezone detection
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
- Intel devices on 3.14 kernels received the KPTI mitigation against Meltdown with Chrome OS 65.
- All Intel devices received the Retpoline mitigation against Spectre variant 2 with Chrome OS 65.
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our forum or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue...’ in the Chrome menu (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of the browser).